Friday, January 29, 2010
January 29, 2010 - post #2
Hello my blog followers! Thank you for all of your wonderful comments yesterday. I had another battery of tests today, the BSGI/gamma scan. The news was over-all good! You get a shot, which puts dye into your body, and then it's kind of like a mamomgram, but much more detail. They also checked all under my arms. They did not see anything they did not expect to see. Of course, my tumor/lump - but nothing else. We really will not be able to rule out any lymph node problems, until surgery, but at least we know there are no big/visible problems. So, again - this is good news! Dr. Blanchard is the radiologist. She is amazing. They had the trainer for this elaborate imaging machine there as well (Debbie). She took a ton more pictures than they usually do, and she was happy with all of the images. Whew! Still waiting on one test from my biopsy, which we hopefully will get on Tuesday. So, next steps, I will go in for a small surgery next Tuesday evening, where Dr. Johnson will place a very small port in my shoulder area, where the chemo will be inserted. Then a week from Tuesday - my first chemo treatment. So, Wayne and I stopped by Nordstroms, and I was going to buy a pair of Ugg's as a treat. For some reason, all of the hospital testing rooms are VERY CHILLY!! I did not find the exact pair I want, but will probably buy them online. I did buy THREE cute hats! I am not a hat person, but will certainly become one! Ok, I have one more bit of news for all of you. This may not be a scientific fact yet, but there does seem to be some correlation between low levels of vitamin D, and cancer - especially breast cancer. So, for all of us Oregon/Washington sun deprived women - just take some vitamin D! Also, hopping on a plane for Mexico and Hawaii does not hurt either! I am so relieved that Dr. Blanchard talked with me this evening, and I did not have to wait until Monday for her reports. I have such appreciation for all of the medical staff I am meeting. They are experts in their field, always have a HUG for me, and they are nothing short of angels!! Wayne was of course with me all the way today. We are going to the Nielson's tonight for dinner and a movie. It sounds so nice to just hang out and feel normal. LOVE ALL OF YOU! Please let me know what your day was like as well!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference".
ReplyDelete"I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else".
Winston Churchill
You go girl!!!!
Great news, Wendy! Am so glad all went well today! Waiting for test results is the hardest part. The not knowing makes one feel we don't have contral. But once you know just what you are exactly dealing with and what to expect, that wonderful positive attitude of yours is going to make a huge difference in your journey..."Goodbye cancer, I'm kickin' butt!! So look out, here comes Wendy!"
ReplyDeleteAnd you are absolutely right about the Vit. D.! Good idea for all of us to have our Vit. D level checked. Mine was dangerously low when I was diagnoised.
You and Kathy can shop for hats together! Everytime I see her she has one on!! You will look adorable I am sure!
Hugs,
Pat
Wendy,
ReplyDeleteI love you so much & am so proud of you in so many ways. Thank you for blogging about this journey. My mother (who is a naturopath) says that Vitamin D is terrific & up to 5,000 IU's a day is great for women. Bless you & your team of angels. LOVE!
Jasmine
Aunt Wendy,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear that you still have that wonderfull attitude and that youre getting some new boots! All of us at the house have been praying for you every night! We al hope you get well soon.
"Gatsby believed in the green light.It eluded us then, but that's no matter- tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther…And one fine morning"-
The Great Gatsby
This is a quote from my favorite book, and I want you to know that once this is all over you will run faster (Without drinking those chia pet seeds)and stretch your arms out longer! I LOVE YOU AUNT WENDY....XOXOXO
~Carter~
Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteHad fun chatting with you last night. You are amazing!
Angie
Hey Wendy, Wendy,
ReplyDeleteMy sis sent a picture of her little one, so I sent it to you via my phone, can't remember if I sent it via text or email. :)
Wendy,
ReplyDeleteThis open dialogue is just so impressive. I think many people would go cower in the shadows. Your well on your way to healing girl!
xoxo-s
Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteHope you had a relaxing day. I enjoyed spending my call evening w/you and my dad. Did you find some cozy Uggs yet?
Angie
Wendy - We'll be thinking of you -- you're young and strong ! :) XO Polly and Steve
ReplyDeleteHi Wendy! It's Robin. I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, however, you sure do have an amazing attitude! Both of my first cousins were diagnosed with breast cancer. One in 1995, and the other one in 1999. They are both still kicking! Breast cancer is one of the most curable cancers now. With the most innovative treatments, along with your fabulous attitude, I know you can beat this thing. Please stay in touch, and I'll be sure to stay in touch with you.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Robin