Hi to everyone! Sorry for the delay in updating, but I have hit the "chemo wall" a bit. It was to be expected. In the cycle of the chemo, I think I must be approaching the lower white blood cell counts, which makes me feel pretty lathargic/sleepy, hard to just keep my eyes open. I have had some naseau and stomach pain that have been pretty unsettling. But, it is good to know the chemo is WORKING!! I have been motivated to go for walks - thanks to Wayne, for getting me out there! 1 to 3 mile walks (a far cry from my last 8 mile run), but NO worries - I will be back to running as soon as I can! My port area is finally starting to feel better, almost "normal". That is a relief!
Wayne went with me to see Nakia yesterday, for my BIG hair cut. Wow! That was a little harder than I thought it would be. She cut my hair super short. Wayne thinks it's cute! I have to say, it's better than I thought it would be! Once it starts falling out, Nakia will cut it / shave it for me if needed. That should happen next week. Nakia is an ANGEL!
I have an appointment to meet with a nutritionist next week. A referral from my friend Nancy. I am looking forward to that - and think he will be able to help me with my over-all energy and get me on a better track with diet.
Thanks to EACH one of you for your ongoing emails, cards, visits, soup, "girlfriend" gifts, etc. The love and support of each one of you is THE biggest motivation I could ever want! Each one of you means so much to me! Will blog more later. xoxoxo
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteI will never again complain about hitting "the wall" in a marathon!
We love you,
Angie
Hey you! Hang in there, it is so tough. So you know, as I read this I can still see your smile that you never seem to lose. Wayne, I know I don't know you that well, but I just want to hug you! As always, you both are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteWendy, You are in my heart and always on my mind. I love the metaphor a tulip in a prison yard. You are the tulip and your efforts
ReplyDeletekeep it watered and Wayne's sunshine keeps it vital.
Your writing smiles. Keep smiling.
Love you!-s
White count, haircut the brain's acceptnce and the heart' acceptance--always quite a gap for ME. Could be a family trait? The walking with Wayne, such courage! John faces 65 today! Back issues? Avatar! The mild, sunny weather seems to bring out the mischief in the Tribe's kids. Thanks for the blogging discipline I check on you before coffee. Love Cin
ReplyDeleteWendy! Thank you for writting your blog and sharing you journey. I love you tulip methapor, too. May you - the beautiful tulip - keep getting the healing rain droplets. Lots of love, happy thoughts and hugs your way, Kasia
ReplyDeleteHi Aunt W. glad to see you blogging again, thinking of you every day and wondering how you are. LOVE YOU! good for you for getting some walks in.
ReplyDeleteGO the DISTANCE, can you post pictures on this blog? I want to see your new, sexy, short haircut!
ReplyDelete