Wow! I am feeling HUMAN! I just read my last blog, and it sounded about as dreary as I felt.... I woke up today feeling like a GREAT BIG HEAVY DARK curtain had lifted! And, I have not taken ONE pill (yet!) all day! There is something to be said about feeling so absolutely miserable, SO you appreciate feeling NORMAL! I LOVE normal! I have a feeling my WBC (white blood cells) are rebuilding!! A gorgeous beautiful day in Portland! Sunny, warm - - perfect! I went for a 3 mile walk with Janice! The sun warmed my new SHORT hair! Wayne and I went to a MOVIE!! A Single Man (which I highly recommend). I LOVE LOVE LOVE Colin Firth, but my NEW obsession is Jeremy Renner, from the Hurt Locker. He is MY GUY for best actor (sorry Jeff Bridges fans). So, I was down 7 pounds yesterday, but I think I gained 5 back today! Yes, I ended the day with a lime chicken enchalida from Chez Jose! With a BIG glass of ice cold milk! WOW! So other highlights of my life (at home watching the Olympics), I am a HUGE Shaun White fan, having met him at numerous events through the years. It is POSSIBLE that I am in one of his highlight videos. And, this is embarassing .... He is about 13 years old, we are interviewing him after a day of snowboarding, both at the mountain and then in his hotel room with his Mom (who is a SWEETHEART!). You can see the interviewers and cameraman in his goggles (YIKES) !! He was so cute when we shot broll in his hotel room. There were twin beds in the room, and he was literally jumping between the two beds, doing tricks in the air! That was a LONG time ago!!
Thanks everyone for our ongoing emails, cards and calls. I LOVE hearing what is going on out in the "real world". My world is now like General Hospital. Ellie, my nurse navigator, is my one of my new BF's. I look forward to hear calls, to hear what is going on with her day and her gossip!
Talk soon! xoxoxoxoxo
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Wen-
ReplyDeleteLOVED seeing this blog entry from you! So glad you are feeling good! You are so right that a few days feeling poorly really makes you appreciate feeling good/normal. I think today is your nadir... Hope it is still working for you and you are feeling good and enjoying another beautiful day. I bet your new 'do looks very chic! Glad to hea about the Single Man--I have been wanting to see it. Maybe I can get Pen to go see with me. We are headed to SV tomorrow--sure wish you all were going to be with us! We will be thinking of you.... Take care and keep enjoying the "ups!"
Love you very much,
Marisa
Hi Wendy! I'm sad that we didn't get to see you this week...but so happy to hear you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteTe amo mi amiga...mejorate pronto!
Elena
Wendy, an enchilada will do wonders for you, for sure! Also, I hope you're watching Idol? Every time I sit down to watch it, I think of you!
ReplyDeleteLove you dearest, Jaz.
Miss Wendy, I love Chez - I always get the chimichanga (wow did I spell that right?), rice and black beans and yup, eat it all. :) I don't have any good gossip, but I am so excited the weather is nice this weekend. So glad to hear you were feeling better, it is a tough road, and you are so amazing. Love you lady! Britty
ReplyDeleteHi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are over the dark side. It breaks my heart to think of you there. Your new haircut is so adorable and you look like someone who has never heard of chemotherapy! You are a fighter! Hope you and my dad have a relaxing time at the canal with the kitties. It's such a "comfort" place to spend time. I had a somewhat dissapointing bike ride today, but I made up for it w/an 8 mile run. If I have to get my first flat, let it be a beautiful, sunny day at Hagg Lake!
I loved out late night chat about EVERYTHING.
We love you!!!
angie
Hi Wendy
ReplyDeleteWill take advantage of being at Thomas and
Angie's tonight and send you a few words...
So glad you are on the other side of your first
treatment and feeling human..not a great way
to loose weight I bet... I would love to see
your new "hair do", I bet it is very very cute.
Had Garrett for 2 days and we took advantage
of the beautiful weather....went to the park
and he rode his trike in the drive way. He is
totally potty trained (except at night) and it
is quite wonderful...he loves wearing his big
boy (lightning mcqeen) underwear...it is soooo
cute...I know you and Wayne must miss him and
he misses you too. Maybe it will work out that
you can see him soon.
Your positive attitude is an inspiration and
I admire your strength for all you are going
through...I think of you each day...alot!!!
Sheryl
WJ,Reading your updates are like reading a good novel. You are keeping the attack charged. XX, MJ
ReplyDeleteRight on, girlfriend, glad u r feeling good!
ReplyDeleteI thought about u today and was hoping u were
out enjoying this Gorgeous day. Cool that u knew
Shaun as a snot nose kid. He's amazing with a board.
He's an outlier.
Have a great week!!!! XO-s
Go the Distance, I still want to see that cute, sexy, new haircut!! There has to be a way to post pictures to this blog! I'd come find you in person, but you're a tough one to catch up with! You'd never know you had Ms Pacman inside you winning a war! Where do you get the energy?! You must be solar powered! I'm so glad the sun found you (and us)!
ReplyDeleteMucho love from the Krause/Eaton house!
xxoo!!