Thursday, February 4, 2010

Update #4 - radioactive!

Yeah, I "passed" my final test (for this week), before I start chemo. You realize how quickly your world has changed, when you check into the radiology department, and you know two of the techs! Desi (girl) is a sweetheart. She drapes me in warm blankets, and is an ACE at drawing blood. My "port" was too new to use... So, they took some of my blood, and mixed it with some dye, and then took a LONG photograph of my heart (for about 45 minutes). The purpose of the test is to make sure the left side of my heart is pumping properly - and it is! I hope some of my running (those two 1/2 marathons) have paid off! The other nice news, they shared the results right away, no test and wait. My good friend (a Director I work with) came over this evening and gave Janice D and me some personal yoga postions/medation/breathing exercises! I can see where this will be VERY helpful in the months ahead. THANK YOU, Sharon!! And, other nice news, Wayne has been by my side 24/7 since my diagnosis, and today he met up with our friend Mark to play some golf (in the rain!!). But - they had fun. I think they found the "19th" hole pretty early in the afternoon! I still have some pain/tenderness from the port surgery. I will take pain pills tonight, but hope to NOT take any tomorrow. We have a fire going, Wayne is making lime chicken for dinner and we may watch the "Hurt Locker" tonight. PLEASE send me emails - about what you are up to! I LOVE all the emails I am receiving with news from everywhere! THANK you, Bustamantes for the news from the GREAT WHITE NORTH, and from Jenn - my fellow Leo! xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, Wen. Hope you are off the pain pills today and are feeling better in that regard!! Best to you and Wayne and hope you guys enjoy a nice relaxing weekend before the next round next week. See you soon. XX Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like have a good start into the weekend. A chicken dinner in sight, two half-marathons in your bones and yoga skills – Wendy, what can melt you down?
    As I managed to sign in I want to assist the Bustamantes with news on the Great Wite North of Alaska. It's snowing here in Girdwood. Depending on work duties and weather conditions we will go skiing either this afternoon or at night. The visibility in the floodlights is just great and the athmosphere very special.
    Take care, young lady! Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brigitte and Marisa, Thank you for your posts! Wayne and I went for power walk today (one hour), not quite up to jogging yet after my port surgery. It is SO beautiful today, but I think I have hit the wall a bit from a full/long emotional week. Think I will curl up with the cats and watch an Audrey Hepburn movie. LOVE YOU both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Windy,
    Wouldn't expect any less from you.... blazing forward in this very challenging time.
    Sounds like you have a great group of caring professionals looking after you- and an ace of a hubby by your side.
    I have a Scrabble game warming in the wings - so just let me know when you're ready to whip by butt with all those two letter words (I've never heard of)and we will give it a go....
    hugs, Rickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, enjoy all the rest you want! You are always so giving to others...time to be good to yourself now! Did you watch Roman Holiday? I love it, but it makes me cry. Or was it Breakfast at Tiffany's? Comfort movies!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEET DREAMS Wendy! Curl up with those kitties and Wayne and know you're covered by a warm blanket of love from us all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you! My sis said yoga really helped her through everything! She was visiting here once and showed me the moves...let's just say Riley the wonderdog, didn't help my downward dog. :) But we sure laughed a lot. Love you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We watched the Hurt Locker the night before the Academy announced this year's nominees. I was really impressed. K. Bigelow could go mano y mano with any male action director. She's a rockin' female action director. I WILL be surprised if she gets the award this year. James Cameron has racked up a lot of press. But who knows, we all like the underdogs.

    That's great you're power walking. Have a good movie Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Sharon and Britt! I did my "sharon breathing/meditation" this morning - it really does help! This is my predict: Avatar - picture of the year, Hurt Locker - Director AND I don't think Jeremy Renny/Renner from Hurt Locker will get best actor - BUT HE SHOULD! I think the votes will go to Jeff Bridges...

    Miss EVERYONE! PS - I am becoming addicted to Kathy/Russ's life (photographs, and updates) ... I don't know what I would do without ALL of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey wendy,
    thanks to janice d. i am reading your blog. a positive attitude and the love and support of family and friends can move mountains and you have both in abundance! we are living at our cabin at the lake now so hopefully we'll get a chance to see you and wayne this summer.
    much love and prayers, wendy jones

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so behind! I didn't know what the Hurt Locker was! I think we are going tonight to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Wendy! Nice to see you on my blog, and thanks for your love and prayers. I bet it is beautiful at the lake! We watched the Superbowl with the Dorffs! What a great game! We look forward to seeing you at the lake this summer, too. Our daughter is doing the coer'd alene Ironman in June - and we will be over for that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wen-Out West, the early morning alarm is surf sounds overshadowed by fog horn. I've been carrying you around this week in my heart and thoughts--maybe that explains some of your nocturnal activity. I'm sending you a great calm for this important week & a nice silk handkerchief in marking Gram's bday. Love, Cin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wendy,
    Thinking of you constantly, but especially now, knowing you are anxious about tomorrow, the unknown...first chemo treatment. We are here for you and Penny by your side...let's get on with it!
    We love you!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cancer, enjoy your last evening! Go the distance Jackson is going to kick your ass! Her army is one that cannot be beat!

    Wendy, we love you!! Sleep well! Tomorrow will be easier than you imagine.

    xxoo

    K&R

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Wendela! Keep meaning to call but never know when is a good time. Thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thinking of you and sending love and hugs. you are so brave Aunt Wen! love from b, j, a & a.
    p.s. Arthur laughed for the first time today! Aurora and I were laughing, he was watching her and chimed in...so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's a reason the Saints won the super bowl. Just look at them all in full chorus today. You've been on my mind today. Sending love and geesh I hope you've managed some good laughs today too!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete