We are back from Honolulu! Just what the doctor ordered. 85 degrees, the Pacific ocean was as warm as a bath, the trade winds were blowing JUST enough to feel like we were being kissed by a warm breeze! As Tina Fey would say, "I want to go (back) to there"!! Truly, I thought if we sold EVERYTHING, we may be able to afford a little grass shack somewhere close to a beach?! The Royal Hawaiian was a dream! The pink palace. It's truly an oasis. It seems like you have been transported back in time to about 1950 something. We stayed in the historic section. It's been completely restored, but the only drawback, the bathrooms are the size of a postage stamp! Truly, cruise ships have larger bathrooms than this hotel! A small price to pay!
I came back to a "flurry" of more doctor appointments. Bone density, plastic surgeon, my surgeon, and final decisions to make. I will show up at Good Sam at 9:00am on Tuesday. Of course, a lot of hurry up and wait. The first thing - please give me as much valium as possible. The second thing, I go and have my breast injected twice with a substance/dye before surgery so they can find/track my lympth nodes. Yikes, this sounds like the most worrisome thing. I had (in error) thought they did this once I was "out" under. Then back to the pre-op room, for blood work, ekg, etc. Surgery will start around 1:00pm. I should be out of surgery by 4:00pm.
I will probably be in the hospital two nights. Several people have asked if they could come visit me in the hospital. I think I will be pretty groggy, filled with pain pills, etc. So - I might suggest, I would SO enjoy appreciate phone calls to my cell phone (503.329.1939) with good wishes, text messages and emails! I will take my computer (of course)! And most of all - the power of love, and positive thinking. Please send all of your good vibes and prayers especially on Tuesday and Wednesday. My good friend Nancy who has gone down this road ahead of me, said it was almost a surreal moment for her, that she could literally feel the love/support and being lifted up by her friends and family on her surgery date, and that it continued until she was safely at home! Who could ever want more than that?!!
So right now, I feel more anxious to get this behind me than anything. Yes, I do feel some angst/fear - but not too much. As always, the big worry, is what the final pathology will tell us. Of course, I hope for the best and am thinking positive thoughts. I will be disappointed, but NOT crushed if I do need further treatment after surgery. If I need radiation - I will just be thankful that is available as one more tool to keep me a survivor!
THANK YOU to each one of you for your ongoing care, love and support! I will update my blog as soon as I can, probably on Thursday!
Hugs and love, xoxoxoxoxoxo
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wendy! I will be thinking, praying, and sending positive thoughts and love your way! May you dream of those warm waters and breezes while you're recovering...the pink palace sounds like such a magical place. Love you! Kasia
ReplyDeleteWendy - Our whole church has been praying for you for quite a while and will continue to do so until you are through this.
ReplyDeletep
I just heard that Wendy's surgery went great! She is in relieved spirits and resting comfortably in a private room with her wonderful husband at her side!
ReplyDelete