Saturday, June 26, 2010

Post Surgery - 4 days

V DAY!!!! Yipee, surgery is over! Plus there is MORE awesome news. I got all my pathology back yesterday - and it was CLEAN!! We asked my oncologist if we could have hoped for any better news - and she said no - this is as good as it gets!!

I cannot even attempt to explain or put words to how I feel. I still almost feel like I am in a dream state, and will wake up and still be waiting for surgery and the "news". But, I keep pinching myself - and this is ALL TRUE!!

My results are back from my bone density - and my bones are STRONG! I will be on a post surgery pill regime for five years. One side affect - it can weaken your bones, so we have a plan for that. Which includes me working out with weights!!

All went well with my 1st steps with reconstruction. I have "expanders" in place with a slight "pump up". I still look pretty much like a teenage boy, but with a tiny bit of shape.

My PUMP is out!! For some silly reason, my pump bothered me from the start - and now it's out!

I came home with a pain pump (attached to me?!!!) about the size of a croquet ball. It "ran out" today as planned, and Dr. Wayne removed the tubes and pump. Now, I "just" have two drainage tubes. These do cause me some angst - but they will be out soon enough - and I am NOT complaining about anything.

I had 4 lymph nodes taken out and (again) the pathology on these came back CLEAN!!

I was blessed with a DREAM TEAM! Lead by Dr. Johnson. Each and every person was BEYOND professional AND nice. My ONE NIGHT stay at Good Sam was wonderful. Wow - I have total respect for the nurses. They work hard, and have SO much empathy!

I think I maybe cried three times over the past five months, but for some reason, today has been Niagra Falls for me. I think it's just relief. I cried at the ending of all the silly tv movies I watched all day (Tin Cup, for example!!), and just hug Wayne and cry!!! All happy tears!

THANK YOU to each one of you. You have given me such emotional support and love - and I KNOW this has got me through this. I still have about four months to go, but I am on the downside now. Will try to keep my blog updated, but just wanted to get this GREAT news out to each of you!

LOVE YOU, xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

3 comments:

  1. Your post is absolutely euphoric, Wen! Great to hear you this way (although you have had an incredible atitude all along), and I can certainly see why you are full of tears of joy and relief. SUCH FABULOUS NEWS, on all fronts and I am so so happy for you!!! YAY!!!!! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Wendy! It was so good to talk to you the other night. You sounded soooooo GOOOD!!! Happy Dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEE! I am so happy for you my friend. You are an incredible person with such a positive outlook on life...one I could only strive for. You've inspired me and continue to inspire me every day. Tears of joy along with Paula's Happy dance are taking place. Love you and best wishes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete