Thursday, January 28, 2010
Baby steps - this is my first blog
Yes, I do have breast cancer AND I am blessed with SO many friends and family who love and support me. I have been calling and emailing as I can to share updates with everyone. We started thinking creating a blog that people could check out, at their convenience might be a good idea. First of all, from the bottom of my heart - thank you for the love/support, cards, books, and sharing that has already happened. We are still in the process of discovery. So far, what we know seems optimistic. I will go through chemo first (probably through May), and then surgery. Maybe no radiation. I have another big test/screening tomorrow. I have found out that the cancer is NOT in my bones, and not in any of my other organs. Some little spots on my lungs, so we may need to talk about that. So, that was AWESOME news yesterday! I have a DREAM TEAM of Doctors and specialists. Thanks to girl power / networking (Nancy and Kathy!!), this has been such a blessing to know I am in good hands. I will keep this short for now, but hope to update this blog as time goes on. Please send me information about YOUR life, jokes, travels, etc. Nice to have the distractions! LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Oh, I cannot end this first blog without saying that I truly have THE best husband in the world. Wayne has been with me every second and step along the way. I am usually "the producer" - figuring everything out - and he has taken on all the responsibility (for now!). I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. Zoe and Circe (our cats) are happy to have me around the house more, and follow me everywhere I go. More to follow, xoxo Wendy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great start! Love you
ReplyDeleteWendette, thank you for this blog. It will make us all feel part of the treatment without overwhelming you and Wayne for day to day info. We love you and have grand expectations for a full and fast remission.
ReplyDeleteHugs
you go girl! XXX, karen and jim
ReplyDeleteGeorge and I are part of your new "army". We'll get through this. NO DOUBT. Hoping that all the love (and prayers) will propel you to a quick and complete recovery. And the positive by-product of the damn cancer(excuse my swearing) is that you can experience the extreme love and caring of all your friends and family. We're in that category and will be in touch and look forward to your blog updates. We're visualizing happy results from tomorrow's tests.......take care, paula and george
ReplyDeleteYou are in the right hands. Wayne's a gem and you're a jewel.
ReplyDeleteThanks for starting this blog what a brilliant idea.
Love, Love, Love....!!!
Wendy! You are such an inspiration! Just as I was getting mushy...Maceo our kitty "jumped" in...he typed (I am rephrasing it...) fffffffffffffffffffc,.. I think he isn't found of cancer. :) I love you Ms. Wendy. I know you have great doctors and such, but if you have any questions my sister said she will do anything, research, call docs, you name it! We love you!
ReplyDeleteB-Britty
OH! I forgot to tell you, on my way back from a business trip last week the flight attendant was cracking my up, she would do this thing, when she wanted someones attention, "sss...ssss.sss" like she was a snake! IT was very successful though. I always remember that time you and I were flying and that flight attentant totally fell asleep next to us. :)
ReplyDeleteWendy, I am Kathys mom and a breast cancer survivor of 4 years in June. As you know, I had the same DREAM TEAM as you and they are the best without a doubt. With your positive attitude, your large support group and the best of medical care, you will beat this disease, I have no doubt! I just want you to know that I am one of your supporters and am here for you in any way I can help, any hour of any day. Do not hesitate to contact me. We are in a sisterhood - one we did not choose - but it is filled with so much love and support for you. Big Hugs, Pat
ReplyDeleteWendy, you said to use this blog to share things with you. I have been wanting to tell you that at some point you made a comment Russ loves so much that it has become a "staple" in his vocabulary (and now mine). Whenever there is a nonsensical situation or comment, he will say,
ReplyDelete"As Wendy Jackson would say, that is not 'quite right' thinking".
I crack up every time he says it! The best part, it has caught on enough that we hear all the time from our friends and family, "Who is Wendy Jackson?" I LOVE that! You are FAMOUS!
This blog is an AWESOME idea! The next bit of time will be a journey (maybe not a chosen one). However, even though a bit rugged at times, it will be like all journeys in life; one endured and shared with friends and loved ones. With it will be laughter and strength! With it will come new friends, loved ones and experiences that will shine through and outweigh the tougher parts!
Think of the next couple months like a budget challenged DR spot! During the prep we can't ever imagine how the "bleep" we will get through it! We get to work and then on the first shoot day, we roll camera and find that through good decisions, some seriously long hours, a good sense of humor, talented and professional individuals, we made it!
We love you!
Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteThanks for starting this blog. I was concerned about how we could keep in touch with your progress without your phone ringing 24-7! I know you and Wayne will get through this stronger and better than ever.
Love you, Mickey and Kev
Wendy, Just want you to know that you and wayne are in our prayers every morning and night. We are here for you if you need anything from us, let us know. As we are now approaching spring, there is no greater time for healing and growing as you face the challenges of this curable blip in the day and life of wendy. Sure some changes and new approaches have to occur in all of our lives, but they are not insurmountable. With strong will and positive attitude all things are possible. I believe in you and your strength to overcome the immediate challenges that you face. As you know, you have an enormous amount of friends that are waiting in the wings if you need them. Seek the one that made you and you will find strength and peace. We love you lots and understand personally what you are feeling, we too, have been down this road. Love ya Roger and Karen
ReplyDeleteThank you to each of you for your responses to my first day of blogging! You all brought a BIG smile to my face. Kathy - you totally crack me up with the "not quite right thinking" - I wonder what the ?!*K, I was referring to?? Hopefully something client related?! Pat - I met you YEARS ago, I was working on a Tyee job, and you created some beautiful baskets for the clients. I will be forever grateful that you lead me to Dr. Johnson. I would love to keep in touch with you as I go down this road/journey. Britt - I LOVE that Maceo was spelling out what we are ALL thinking. That is ONE bright cat! Diamonds - having the Diamond clan/army on my side means a sure victory. No stopping the Greeks! Sharon, Karen, Michele - you ladies could stop a speeding bullet - thanks for putting your power of will into this for me. LOVE EACH ONE OF YOU!
ReplyDeleteThis is a comet in Wendy's Universe...making a brief appearance, then never to be seen again in our lifetime.
ReplyDeleteHi Wendy, What a great idea to blog your journey. Sounds like you have a good attitude (but of course), great team of doctors (thank god for the experts) and friends (that love you bunches)to guide you through the process. Know that Dan and I are sending both you and Wayne loads of good thoughts and daily prayers. We love you. Lynn
ReplyDelete