Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday (3 days before next chemo)

Sorry, I have not been good about updating my blog.... some computer problems (ouch!!), and just got back on Thursday from Hood Canal and 2 days in Seattle! If this first cycle of chemo is representative of how I will feel, it seems like it is a cycle. Once I came back from the "dark side" each day I felt so much better! And it's amazing how good it feels, just to feel normal! And to have days at a time, when I was not going to any doctor appointments! I am looking forward to my next chemo appt (this Tuesday), but also a bit apprehensive. I am happy to be ONE step closer to my goals!! That whole thing of "punching" in through my port, still mentally "freaks me out" a bit. But, better than an IV through my arm, I guess?! And, yes - my hair is starting to fall out by the handfulls. We have two cats - Zoe and Circe. Zoe has a beautiful coat of fur, and rarely loses her fur. Circe leaves a trail where she has been, with her fur. So NOW, Wayne has both ME and Circe leaving hair/fur every where we go!!! When I start having to do comb overs, I think I will have Wayne just finish cutting it all off, like a really short crew cut!!! We went for the most awesome walk today! Up some big hills in Johns Landing, and then dropped down to the river. Tons of flowering cherry trees, daffodils, daphne (my favorite bush), etc. And about 200 fishermen in the Willamette, fishing for Spring chinook!! We actually jogged for about 1/4 mile (a far cry from my last 8 mile run the end of January)... Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful EARLY hint of Spring!! THANKS to everyone for the ongoing/nonstop cards, emails, calls, FLOWERS, soup, lotions/potions, books! I am SO spoined and appreciative! xoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Wendy for sharing your thoughts. Seeing it through your eyes remembers me being more appreciative for all those little & good things in life. Sadly enough sit needs a bummer to correct our perspectives....
    Thanks to Circe you and Wayne have no extra work collecting hair. I'm sure you will look fabulous with your new fancy hats.
    My hair manage to cause troubles even without chemo: It obviously decided turning from being strong, shiny and silky into straw. Generally I suspect that parts of my body think: that was it How can I convince them to hang on for another 30 years?
    I'm gonna miss the Olympics. Feel sorry for my Austrian fellows. No medal at all for alpine skier men. A national desaster. I'm happy and proud for German skier Maria Riesch and her 2 gold medals. She lives only 40 minutes away from my hometown Munich - where a brandnew BMW ist waiting for you,Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigitte! I am so sorry for your fellow Austrians - no medals. It sure seems like the conditions at Whistler were sketchy. Alyeska would have been SO much better! Hope your writing is going well! xoxo for now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,

    A candle will glow in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...on Tuesday. I didn't finish my sentence...just got back so exhaustion is compromising my brain cells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Sharon! When you get caught up, would love to see you! Have missed you!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wen, I got home at 7:45 p. last night--so happy to hear your voice and the good news about the shrinkage. Tough week ahead I'll be checking in on you. Tribal kids are a little too active this week! I do a museum presentation at Coos Historical Maritime tomorrow--good thing we haVe a used car streak in the family. LOVE YOU MUCH.
    CIN

    ReplyDelete