I HAVE been doing a good job of not stressing, sleeping through the night - in general, just being more confident and positively focused, UNTIL last night! I was awake until 3:45am thinking about/worrying about my 2nd chemo appointment. Mostly - fearful that THE tumor was bigger, more problems would be discovered, etc. Just in general worry. Well - most of my worries were unfounded! My tumor has shrunk about 30%+ in size! My oncologist / Dr Barfe LITERALLY did a happy dance and hugged me! She said sometimes the tumor does not start to shrink until way after the 2nd chemo session! And, there was no gtd that it would shrink. We expected it to, but nothing (ever) seems to be a slam dunk! Other news, that DARN herktonew test (I am not spelling this right) was sent out for a 2nd expensive/fancy test to see if I am positive or negative. This 2nd test came back equivical AGAIN! So, now for a third VERY expensive test, which will hopefully have definitive results! This is very important, because it needs to be treated with a YEARS worth of herceptin (a mild type of chemo) for a year if it's positive. This chemo is an "easier" chemo, in regards to some side effects, but it CAN be hard on your heart. So, my heart will be closely monitored through the year. It is SO important, because if it is positive and NOT treated, I will have cancer cells that have a programmed genetic to quickly multiply. Hummmmmm.. I am tempted to take the herceptin UNLESS it is crystal clear that it is negative! I have had the herceptin included in my first two chemo cocktails. Sorry, for all this info - but it has just been perplexing!
Wayne shared by chemo session with me! We played cribbage, and he let me win! My chemo nurse was a DOLL! Loved her! I was home by 4:15pm, and was able to catch Colin Firth on Oprah! What a BIG/hard decision for Best Actor: Colin Firth, Jeremy Renner (my vote!), AND Jeff Bridges (who will probably win)! Wayne and I loved The Single Man! So looking forward to the Oscars! I ended the day with a totally UPLIFTING, wonderful party with R2/freelance production women BEARING way to many FABULOUS gifts! I will blog more about that tomorrow, because I still need to wrap my head around all of the LOVE, cards, gifts (I heard there was QUITE an electronic discussion on the UGGS!) plus tulips and pizza (delivered by a VERY cute, hot pizza boy!!). More to follow tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteI love starting my day w/a "happy cry" for YOU! Not only because the tumor is shrinking, but also because I KNOW how happy you and my dad are to hear that GREAT news!!!
I hope you had a good night's sleep last night and feel great today!
We love you,
Angie
That is GRRREAT!!! news my friend. I'm thrilled for you and frankly with your positive disposition not surprised. May it shrink ANOTHER 30 percent by your next session.
ReplyDeleteYou need to take a picture of your feet all cozy in those pink slippers.
Hope to see you very soon! xo-s
Aunt Wen, so happy to hear the good news! I was having an "off" day yesterday and realized i was anxious for you thinking about your second treatment. We are all breathing a big sigh of thankfulness with you. LOVE YOU!!! xxoo b, j, a, & a.
ReplyDeleteI am doing a Happy Dance in my office! I don't care if anyone sees me:) whoo Hoo!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news my friend and you are such a positive and amazing woman. You inspire me Wendy!!
Hope you are getting lots of rest today after the cocktail session and am sending love your way.
Kasia