Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy (full) first day of Spring!

I am sorry to have been such a deadbeat keeping my blog up to date! I can't believe how quickly these three weeks have gone by. And today is the FIRST full day of spring! The good news, I have made it through my 2nd session of chemo. As anticipated, the effects are cumulative, and the overall result - I have just been a LOT more tired. Some days - I have slept for literally 18 hours! I'm not sure if this is good for me or not - but I think sleep is good for your body to repair?! I have been going for walks, at least 4 a week. I would LOVE to say I have started jogging again, but I have not. My port area is still fairly tender. But, I have made this BIG discovery - if I sleep on my back, it hurts a LOT less?! Or it's all in my head, but it has been feeling better!

And, I am finally totally bald!! Thank goodness for all the cute hats my friends/family have showered upon me! Plus, I have two wigs. One "off the shelf" and one that is somewhat custom made. The off the shelf one ( I call it my Tina Turner hair), works for me - the other one still needs some work. I actually went out to a very nice evening, black tie affair last Saturday night to honor our good friends the Solimano's (for their good work supporting Seattle Plymouth Housing). I wore a little black dress, and my Tina Turner "do". Over-all good results, but by the end of the evening, I was in fear that my hair was going to "SPRING" off my head (it didn't). Plus the other exciting event, I volunteer for Make-A-Wish, and my current wish boy has been waiting for almost two years for his wish "to go" to the national Monster Truck Rally in Las Vegas! My wish partner, Kasia and I organized and went to his going away wish party and it was a big success and a LOT of fun!

We have been up at our beach cabin on Hood Canal. It is SO restful/relaxing/peaceful here. I have family close by (my brother, his wife and 2 boys) and my Mom (who is in Palm Desert). We got to spend time with Mike + family which was very nice!

So, my 3rd chemo appointment is this Tuesday. I seem to always have mixed emotions - anxious to hear results, excited to keep the whole thing moving along (I hope to be 1/2 way done with the chemo after this session), but of course - I am now just starting to feel "normal", and know that I will be back in for two weeks of feeling under the spell of chemo. I am really not complaining, and actually know how lucky we are in this day and age to have this wonder drug available!!!

In closing, just want to sincerely thank everyone for their ONGOING, continued, non-stop positive love, support and prayers! It means the world to me! I have a special pink notebook that is FULL of the most beautiful cards, notes and emails - that I read through ALL the time! I am truly blessed to have so many LOVING friends and family. It means more to me than I will ever be able to express!

xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled but it doesn't suprise me a bit that you utilize your available energy to keep yourself healthy with exercise and emotionally involved with you social and volunteer work. You are a star.

    Love ya, MJ and FR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you're doing for yourself, sounds really, truly, positive.
    I heard from a wise sage that you always need to listen to your body.
    If your body needs sleep therapy right now, then that's a good thing.

    Can't wait to see you! xoxoxo-s

    ReplyDelete