Tuesday, March 23, 2010

1/2 way through my chemo sessions!

Yeah! Over-all GREAT news to report. My tumor has shrunk to practically NOTHING! My Doctor, literally got little tears in her eyes! This is excellent news after TWO sessions! I of course have figured out that there are no guarantees, and it was the HOPE the tumor would shrink, but not everyone reacts to the chemo in accomplishing this. If it would NOT have shrunk, they would have rushed me into surgery. But now it appears that I will finish my next three sessions, and then go in for surgery. And, other news, the LONG awaited Herc2news THIRD test came back NEGATIVE. It still has a high value, but it is NO longer equivical. So, as of today, we discontinued the herceptin chemo, which is great news, because I would have been taking that for one year. We are going to get a 2nd opinion to review this last 3rd test. I am just a bit leary/apprehensive, mainly because I always felt it better to be safe than sorry. I think I just need time to digest this. The bad thing today, when they "punched" into my port - I literally just about fainted. Yikes! Some people's body reacts very well to the port, but mine has just remained very sensitive. Hope it heals up in the next three weeks!!! Also, my chemo regimen has changed up because of no longer having the herceptin. I am now on a stronger chemo, and may have more naseau. I will just have to play that one Beck song, that I like about naseau, and remind myself that I am a lucky/strong/warrior/survivor!!! Ms Pacman really has done her job! Pat - I love the pacmen you sent me! They are on the cover of my pink book!!

Wayne of course, was with me for the appointment and chemo session. I think he had tears in his eyes as well! My Mom called me this morning from Palm Desert. She had been up since dawn praying for me. My Mom REALLY does seem to have a connection to her God and angels, in regards to STRONG prayers. Please let me know if you ever need her to pray for you! She was the first person we called with this great news, and she was SOOO happy! She will celebrate her 80th birthday on March 29th. And she is a breast cancer survivor!

We are going to dinner at Terry/James tonight, with Sharon Brown and Terry in the kitchen! Yummm!

Thank you everyone for your calls and emails yesterday and today! It means to much to me - and so many of you are lighting your candle for me! I love you all!!!

8 comments:

  1. The blogger/survivor/fighter is writing again! Great to see your post today, Wen! So glad to hear that you got some really positive news today, and that your tumor has followed your hair!! :-) It does seem that the power of all of those that love you praying and rooting for you, along with your incredible will power and unwavering optimism and positive attitude, is working! Know that we are thinking of you, we love you, and we hope that your stomach does not get too upset on this latest round. CONGRATS on being halfway done. We'd love to catch you for a chat later this week. Hang in there!! XXOO Marisa & Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJPvzBlVVg&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wen, What a great relief. This morning finds the airfull of praises. Mum called the office while I was out "selling" a boathouse to Michael. This is the happiest of day. Love you much.Cece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy,
    Glad you had a restful week at the canal and loved hearing the great news about the "incredible shrinking tumor"!!!

    You look FABULOUS!!

    We love you,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm agogging over your blogging. Keep it up because I know it inspires all of us. I really can't take too much credit for dinner last week, Miss Walton is a superhuman woman type. It was amazing.

    We love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I think you look fantastic too you chemo warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy, I think of you often and I'm so glad your last news was positive! Keep up on the positive thoughts and that will help with your recovery. You are a beautiful woman with positive energy! All our best for a 100% cancer free life!
    Love,
    Donna & Adrian Thayer (Printz)

    ReplyDelete